Please join us on August 23rd at the community event center (Room A105) at South Central College for a community forum to help plan for the future of Downtown Faribault! This is the first event in a series of forums to discuss different community topics. Doors open at 5:30pm!
The forum will be highly interactive. All participants will be able to weigh in on the future of the Downtown. The forum is open to the general public, so please share this event with others. For a portion of the evening, we will be focusing small group discussions on the following topics as they relate specifically to the downtown:
1. Built Environment: Buildings, Land Use, Transportation (Vehicular, Bicycles, Pedestrian, Transit), Sewer, Water, Telecommunications, and Other Infrastructure
2. Economic Development: Job Growth, New Products and Construction, Business Retention and Expansion, Branding and Marketing, Circulating Dollars in the Community, and Financial Institutions and Assistance
3. Community Building: Education/Training, Personal and Professional Support Systems, Healthy Living and Healthcare, Safety, Housing for All, Capacity Building, Collaborations, and Governance
4. Cultural Institutions: Traditions, Values, Arts, Diversity, and Heritage
5. Natural Environment: Water, Air, Soil, Vegetation, Open Space, Wildlife, Clean Energy, and Climate
The Forum will take place on Thursday, August 23, 2018 in the Community Room at South Central College (1225 3rd St SW, Room A105). Doors open at 5:30pm, with formal activities from 6:00-8:30pm.
Seating is limited, so please RSVP below and tell us what you are most interested in discussing at the Forum.
Individuals who require accommodations are encouraged to contact Dave Wanberg (City Planner) at email@example.com OR 507-333-0350